Monday, November 14, 2011

Learning To Breathe: My New Elephant Post & My Intro to Energy Work and Chakra Balancing

As my close friends know, it's been a shitty year. My mom died in February and since then it's been an endless series of injuries and illnesses for me.

Is there a connection? Well of course.

Am I ready to deal with it all? Well, I'm ready to start.

In the midst of all this I received an email from a publishing house asking if I'd like a copy of a new book, Learning to Breathe by Priscilla Warner. Warner is also the author of the bestseller The Faith Club.  I get more than a few of these requests and honestly don't even remember saying yes to this one.

Eventually I got a second email asking if I was enjoying the book. Oops. So I dug through my book stack, found it, and started reading.

And couldn't put it down.

Thank you Priscilla Warner for sending me your book. Thank you for being so honest in describing your journey to wellness. And thank you for encouraging me to begin my journey.

How cool is the Ms. Warner? As I was reading and doing my internal work, she even took the time out of her busy book tour schedule to send me encouraging messages. She's a big time famous author! How humble and human of her.

Warner had access to a wide range of well known meditation teachers, rabbis, therapists, scientists and other experts and masters. My access is very limited here in rural Tennessee, but when the student is ready the teacher comes.

My teachers did come. From a massage therapist in the small town of Atoka to a chiropractor/energy worker in the even smaller town of Covington. I had read about energy work and chakra balancing, but had no idea I was about to embark on an exciting, scary, exhausting yet much needed journey of my own.

Energy work, chakra balancing and emotional tapping - yes it's all very woo woo and out there. But I'm here to say it's the real deal.

To read more about my woo woo energy work and even more about Priscilla Warner's Learning To Breathe, please click here to read my latest Elephant Journal post:

Searching For The Brain Of A Monk; Dropping A Lot of Tears Along The Way

Whether you know what energy work is, or you just are looking for a bit of peace in your life, I recommend Learning To Breathe. You won't be disappointed.

And if you want to read more of my Elephant posts, you can find them all listed on the Elephant Page of my blog here:

Elephant Journal

1 comment:

  1. If you want to deepen yourself in the study and practice in yoga, ayurveda and meditation than this is a golden offer to change the direction of the life with the help of yoga and meditation. Our sessions begin each morning with 90 minutes. We are offering the opportunity to practice the yoga in fullness and expand the internal energy. It's a combination of mental awareness, philosophy and yoga science with physical behavior and movement. In yoga we are working on how to create a balance in life via breathing and concentration methods.

    - Sam

    ReplyDelete