Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Quit Writing? Never

June’s IWSG Day Question: Did you ever say “I quit”? If so, what happened to make you come back to writing?

I've taken many breaks in my writing.

Short breaks. Long breaks. Intentional breaks. Life got in the way breaks. And lots of just plain lazy breaks.

But I really don't recall ever thinking I quit.

Have I ever been discouraged in my writing? Sure. Do I go through periods of wild creativity followed by absolute nothingness. Yep.

But quit writing? How would I even do that?

Writing is just a part of who I am. Even if no one else reads it, I need to get the words out. This blog has saved me more than once.

I've said it many times before -- writing is how I get the crazy out.

I will always write in some way. I will never quit writing.


This post is a part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, a monthly meeting of writers who over think, under write and just want people to like them.





7 comments:

  1. I hear you. Before I was writing, I was telling stories via pictures. For some of us, it's just a part of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please, never quit writing Jennifer. I admire your attitude. You are a fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better not quit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, Jennifer. For most of us, writing is just a part of us, hence that's why we do it, hence we could never quit. I never thought I was a writer until recently, yet, I have always written journals and travel reports... And, I will never loose that urge to share, with others or with myself for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'writing is how I get the crazy out'.
    Well said:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not quitting until you never go back. Breaks are important for a writer's mental health, and we should never feel bad about taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please, never quit writing Jennifer. I admire your attitude.


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete